Monday, June 14, 2010

Roasting : Yemen Mokkha Sharasi

So I have been dabbling in the world of roasting since the beginning of summer, and I must say that I am doing a good job of it. I had been roasting mostly African coffees, i.e. Burundi and Ethiopian, but I had wanted to try my hand at a Yemen. Thanks to Sweet Maria's I was able to get some and started roasting it today. It had turned out to be somewhat of a headache though.

The beans are remarkably inconsistent and I have had to go back and pick out the blonde beans. The roast I was going for was a City-City+ and I think I got it, but there is no way to know if it is the right roast until I brew some in a few days. Here's to hoping that my first peregrination into Yemeny coffee is not a complete failure.

Later

2 comments:

Ste said...

YEMEN MOKKHA?!?!

I'm simultaneously jealous, excited, and concerned (that the roast didn't go well). Hoping there will be many, many roasts with this one. Keep me posted. I haven't had any since December, and you know how happy those beans make me.

stein! said...

WOOT!!!!!!