Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roasting : Yemen Mokkha Sharasi (Round Two)

So I am taking the Yemen well into Full City today. I am also experimenting (as much as I can with my popcorn roaster) with a roast curve. I am allowing the air to escape so I can control the roast after the first crack. This hopefully will have a similar affect to an actual roasters decrease in BTU's in the roast cylinder. The Yemen should work well as an experiment due to its heartier cell structure and size differential. Also, I don't feel weird wasting it in part because it was an experimental purchase and I have realized (duh moment) that the really tart nutty flavor was a result of over fermentation. Can't always be perfect. Oh well.

I will let you all know what this darker roast turns out to be like. Thanks for sticking with me while I experiment and grope my way through the seemingly easy yet tumultuously complicated world of coffee roasting

On another point, I have received requests for photos of the various products and productions that I am under going. I have taken these suggestions under advisement and come to the conclusion that, since I am a student photographer, I should be including some sort of visual aid for your drooling pleasure. Stay tuned for more updates.

Later

1 comment:

Ste said...

Want. To. Taste. Yemen. Mokkha. Please.